Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Workers are Everywhere!

There are still two more layers to go before the garage floor is completed.

Concrete guys pouring the floor for the garage

Yesterday, my sister, Betty (Ann), and I went shopping for material for a window treatment in the kitchen. Since I plan to use plantation shutters, I won't need many window treatments, but I want to use a special treatment in the kitchen that I saw in a decorating book. I found the perfect material for the kitchen window, but the cloth shop didn't have enough material for the lining I want to use. This morning I looked on the internet and was lucky enough to find the lining material online & was able to order it. I am so excited about finding the material & lining I really love, because from this I can pull colors for the walls, accent pillows, etc.

Busy, busy times at the housesite! I've never seen so many men working everywhere...we have the concrete man pouring the porches; the electrician is running wires everywhere; the heating/air guys are running huge silver "snakes" here and there; the plumber is running his pipes where they need to go; and last but not least, Ed and his carpenter guys continue to work so that the insulation guys, the "boxing" guys, and the sheetrock guys will be able to do their thing. We're one day closer than we were to completion!


No comments: