Monday, July 13, 2009

Squatters in the House

Look closely to see Mama or Papa Bluebird

We have a bluebird family nesting in our house. I am praying that the little babies will be ready to leave their nest before the sheetrock guys get ready to close up the house! I would be devastated to have to uproot them before they are ready to fly. Mama & Papa Bluebird have worked too hard raising their little ones to see their efforts thwarted! I snapped a picture of one of the parents (I think it was Mama bird) the other afternoon & wanted to share it with you. The same afternoon I photographed the bluebird, we had a pair of wrens trying to build a nest in our breakfast room, and twice I had to tear it out. The wrens are such cute little birds, but I didn't want to have the same situation with the wrens as we do the bluebirds. I hope they found another suitable location to build!




No comments: