Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Roof Is On....Well, Almost!!!

Roofline from the back. The carpenters had completed more roof in the back than on the front at the time this picture was taken.


Shot of House from the Pond - You can see the roof going on! (Note we have drained the pond because of a leak which we hope soon to have repaired)


Front of House w/Cross Beam for Roof

I haven't been blogging, but I've been busy! First and most importantly, I've been to a baby shower given for our son & daughter-in-law's first baby which is soooo exciting. They received a lot of wonderful gifts for their baby who is due in August. In addition, as you can imagine, I've been busy meeting with cabinet people, looking at appliances, light fixtures, bath & kitchen faucets, hardware for the cabinets...the list is never ending for choices and decisions that have to be made. It would be easy to get overwhelmed if you tried to choose everything at once, but I have found if I concentrate on one or two major items per day (e.g., faucets & appliances) and study/compare those items, then I don't get as frustrated. That may have to do with my"pea" brain or my tendency to get too much going at one time, but so far that has kept me from feeling out of control with decisions concerning the house.

Today I will be going to Hamlet to look at interior shutters and then up to the homesite to clean up after the carpenters leave. Paul & I try to pick up behind them every day to keep the site as clean as possible. It's amazing the scrap wood that is left over from cuts off long boards...wish someone could come up with a good use for it.

We are pleased with the speed and progress the builders are making. They do not mess around while they're working!! It has been so exciting to watch as the house went from a hole in the ground to having the last support in place for the roof. There's still a long way to go, but at least now we have the shape of the entire house...and that's a good thing.
Since these pictures were taken, the roof has been almost completed. I will be posting those pictures tonight. I forgot my camera yesterday so I couldn't take pictures...what do they say about if your head wasn't attached...well, that's me!!
Have a great day, all!!!


1 comment:

Lisa said...

Ahhh it's looking good and you are sooooo getting the hang of this!!! Keep the blogs coming!